Apple Pie and Teaming Up Against Drugs

In Social Studies we are learning about what life was like during the colonial days. Today we learned about characteristics of colonial schools and colonial foods. Our book tells us about a colonist who wrote about an apple pie that had apples that hadn't been peeled or cored and crust that was so hard a wagon wheel wouldn't break it. So, every year I make an "easy apple pie". The recipe is SO easy and it doesn't taste half bad. You take 2 cans of apple pie filling and put in a pan. Cover with bread (no crusts). Mix together 1 stick of butter (melted), 1 cup of sugar, and 3 tablespoons of flour and cover bread. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top and bake at 350 for about 35-40 minutes. I always tell my class "It may not be the best apple pie, but it can't be as bad as the apple pie they ate in colonial days! One little girl LOVED it and said she wished she lived in the colonial days because my apple pie was delicious. Bless her heart!
Today was "Team Up Against Drugs" so I wore an outfit for my favorite team, the University of Tennessee! GO VOLS!

Just a quick funny about the apple pie.

1) Take my advice and don't try to make it at 5:00 am when you are barely awake. Somehow 3 tablespoons of flour turned in to 3 cups of flour in my mind and then I realized something was NOT right!

2) If you happen to not have butter, it still tastes fine. After my flour fiasco, I didn't have any butter left but I just went without it and it was fine!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top