It's Finally Friday!

I will admit...I was singing "It's Finally Friday" when it came on the radio and I am happy it is Friday! It's been a good week, but a very hyperactive week for a certain few in my room. This week we have started our astronomy unit and our focus has been on the sun. Our big question is "How does the sun affect the Earth?" First, we started off by discussing what we already knew about the sun and we created a KWL chart. Then, we began an experiment to find out if the sun affects the water cycle. We took 4 cups and put the same amount of water in them and used masking tape as our first marker of the water lines. We put one cup in my classroom by the window, one in my room away from the window, one in the refrigerator, and one outside in direct sunlight.
We also have kept up our mini water cycle activity. Here is what it looks like now!

Here is just a random shot of my room this afternoon! On the students desks are some papers (mostly tests) for the students to file Monday morning and a weekly newsletter for next week.

3 comments

  1. Hey Lana,
    Love your Science activities....will have to borrow those when we get to that:) Thanks for stopping by and commenting:) When you get a sec can you gmail me and tell me how your kids do the rainbow write....crayons, colored pencils...tara.eiken1@gmail.com

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Your classroom looks so colorful and inviting!
    Sounds like lots of great learning is going on here!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog and have given you the Blog on Fire award:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top