Tuesday, November 22, 2011

We made it!

Well, we made it to Thanksgiving Break! I love teaching, but am in need of a little break filled with family, friends, and good food! Before we left today I got our classroom Christmas tree put up!

My students "homework" over the break us is to take their two dimensional net and make a 3D shape (cubes, rectangular prism, and rectangular pyramid nets are printed on cardstock). Then, they decorate it with anything they have (markers, glitter, google eyes, pictures etc) and being it back to school as a Christmas ornament to hang on our tree. Some love it, some never bring it back. This group seemed really excited over it though!


I also put up a few Christmas decorations around the room. I've got another bag of stuff to take to school to decorate with!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments :

  1. Your blog brightens my day so I'm giving you the Sunshine Award:) Pop by to pick it up:D

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for all of your inspiration! I've awarded you the Sunshine Award on my blog. Come by and grab your award at http://mrsphillipsiscaughtinthemiddle.blogspot.com/2011/11/more-to-be-grateful-for.html

    Happy Thanksgiving!!
    Jena

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been given the Blog on Fire Award! You can grab it on my blog :)! I think your blog is great! http://classroommagic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good work. Hope your break was refreshing and recharging for the push til Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so grateful to work in a district where Christmas trees are fine! Love the decorations!

    http://notjustforelementary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete