Saturday, January 14, 2012

I'm Still Alive!

I have been AWFUL at blogging here at For the Love of Teaching! Since returning to school after the Christmas holiday, I've had two new students come which leads to reminding everyone of rules, espectations, and so on. I've had one challenging encounter with a parent and parent-teacher conferences (which surprise, surprise that parent didn't show up).
Right now I am just trying to keep my head above water and not get too frustrated with some situations going on. In other BIG news, I will be starting my masters program in 2 weeks!! WOW! I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.

3 comments :

  1. Good luck to you and hang in there:) You will do fine. I have had a challenging week too...I have a very challenging student who has made tons of progress but this week decided to destroy the back half of my classroom...flipped 5 chairs, bookcase....you get the idea, all while it's my student teacher's first week and one of the county people walked in to meet her and my class was cleared out due to the situation...yes stressful BUT God is in control and for whatever reason this is happening and I will grow from it and will not let it get me down as I know you will do the same:)) Prayin for ya!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with challenging parents. My theory is that the kiddos have been 'cute' in the primary grades, but now that they're in 4th grade it isn't so cute, and parents don't want to deal with this...

    Good luck on beginning your masters. I finished mine a few years ago (all online- which helped), and it's a great feeling and accomplishment when you're done).
    Good luck on the rest of your year.
    Pat

    A Time to Share & Create


    MY WEBSITE

    Fabulous 4th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a member of Fourth Grade Friends, and I am compiling a list of e-mail address for Charity Preston. If you will shoot me an e-mail (cooperativelearning365@yahoo.com) with your e-mail, I will add it to the list. :) Thanks, Mandy!

    ReplyDelete