Valentine's, Bulletin Board, & Award

Yesterday we had training over the Common Core Standards and let me tell you, it was information overload! I am a little nervous about the implementation of the CCSS, but we still have a little while. Have any of your states/schools implemented them yet? This past week I let my students decorate bags for Valentine's Day. I'll be honest, we just do not put much emphasis on Valetine's Day. We have a Christmas and Easter party and honestly, that is plenty for me! We do let students pass out Valentine's and we are going to have snacks, but it's not really a party. We don't decorate the cute shoeboxes or anything like that. But, at least our bags are ready!

Each month the big bulletin boards in our hallways are assigned to a teacher. It was my turn for February. I let my class decide what they wanted to do and they picked the Solar System! They decided they wanted to work with a partner and research a planet. So, we researched, wrote a first draft, edited, and wrote a final draft. Here is a look at our bulletin board. The yellow thing is supposed to be the sun. :)

Mrs. Lyon awarded me with the Liebster Blog Award! Thank you so much! According to Mrs. Lyon, liebster is a German word that means beloved, dearest, or favorite. I'll take that! Click her name above to check out her awesome blog! Here are the rules:


1. Thank the award presenter and post a link back to their blog.

2. Proudly put the award on your blog.

3. Pick 5 blogs with less than 200 followers, let them know about the award, and encourage them to pass it on.

I'm going to be a bit of a rebel and break the rules and give it to one blogger whose blog I really enjoyed reading. The Art of Learning. She is passionate about teaching History and brings History alive for her students. How I wish I could sit in on one of her History lessons!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top