Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday Made It

I am back from a wonderful week at the beach!  We had a wonderful time.  However, I didn't get to many of the projects I had in mind, but there's always this week!  I still wanted to link up with Tara over at 4th Grade Frolics.  I am loving these Monday Made It links!
Last week Katie from Dirty Hands & Lesson Plans did a guest post on Mrs. Stanford's blog about her favorite Pinterest inspired projects.  She posted a picture a cereal/snack box bookmarks that she saw over at Plum Pudding.  Something about them caught my eye so I made an entire class set!  I can just see my 4th graders saying "Ooohh, I love poptarts, I want that bookmark."  After looking at them, I should probably do something about one that saying Peanut But...they'd have a field day with that one!  Haha!  
Now, for my home project....one of my best friends is a huge Vanderbilt fan so she asked if I can make her two Vandy plate chargers, one for her and one as a Christmas gift.  So, I used my Cricut machine and added some vinyl.  I thought it turned out cute!
Stay tuned tomorrow for some other stuff I put vinyl on for my classroom!

17 comments :

  1. Hi Lana,
    Thanks for linking up:))) Love your bookmarks! The kids will love them too! You could even use them as some sort of a writing prompt idea to for the kids.....? You plates turned out awesome too! I don't have a cricut but would love one:) Can't wait to see what else you make;) Come back next week:))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids are going to love them. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Peanut But...quite the dilemma! I feel your pain on that one! You could save it for the special darling in your room that drives you crazy. You know, the one child that is NEVER absent a single time all year long?? Hmmm--I can actually think of 4 or 5 Peanut Buts that I had last year... Heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bookmarks! So cute and a great way to recycle.

    Sarah
    Teaching Star Students

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a recent Vandy grad ('10)... so I am in love with your Vandy plates! I would love to figure out how to make some for myself/friends! I also really love your bookmarks!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, what's the deal with the vinyl and the cutter? I'm intrigued! I will indeed be checking back to find out more!

    Heather
    Peacocks and Penguins - 4th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww.... those bookmarks are TOO cute! I would have never thought of that! Recycle all the way. :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog today!

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute bookmarks! A friend of mine is bring over her Cricut tomorrow and I can't wait! I've never used one before, but I can't wait to experiment. What kind of vinyl do you use and where do you buy it?
    I am your newest follower.
    :) Dana
    Stop by & visit me @ Fun in 1st Grade

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog & I'm your newest follower!! I love those bookmarks that you made. How super cute! I look forward to reading more of your great ideas!!

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just saw this! YAY! I'm glad you were able to find something to use :) They turned out so cute!

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh! I think I will let students exchange bookmarks like that around Earth Day next year! Thanks for sharing the idea :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete