Sunday, July 22, 2012

Blog Hop

I've been seeing this Newbie Bloggers Blog Hop on several blogs and thought it'd be fun to join!  Thanks to Janis at Grade Three is the Place for Me for hosting!
The questions are as follows:

1.  the state you are in
    2.  your current teaching position
    3.  your teaching experience
    4.  when you started blogging
    5.  share a blogging tip / blogging resource

First off, I know I like to have a face with a name so here I am, meet Mrs. Geren!


1.  I live in South Carolina.
2.  I teach 4th grade.
3.  This is my fifth year teaching.  I've taught fourth grade every year.
4.  I actually started my teaching blog about a year ago, but neglected it for quite some time.  This summer I have gotten back into posting and plan to continue!
5.  I would say my blogging tip is to comment on other's blogs and enjoy sharing materials/ideas/activities and not get caught up in the number of followers you have.  Although, it is exciting when you have a new blog and more and more people follow, but to me, it's about a lot more than that number.  


9 comments :

  1. Hi - enjoyed reading some of your blog posts (I hopped over from the newbie blog hop) and all the books you are buying! I love books, too. Scary! I like your blog tip to comment in blogs - I try to do that too. Have a great week. Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through the newbie blog hop and now
    I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I soooo agree about making your blog about the content and the connection with other bloggers. I love followers, but I love being able to ask for advice or thoughts on ideas I have in the classroom. Or sharing a lesson that I loved with others out there who may love it too! :)

    You came up a noreply@blogger when you commented on my site. Just wanted to let you know! Let me know if you need further help setting your email up so people can reply to your comments through email!! :D

    Amanda
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by and visiting! I will be returning the kindness. :-) My undergraduate was at Lipscomb, but I did get my Master's at MTSU. I teach in Smyrna now. :-) Small world right!?!? Have a great day!

    Debbie :-)
    K is for Kinderrific

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right about blogging being more than a number. It is about sharing and learning from each other. I'm very excited to read about other's ideas!!

    Patti
    One Class, One Sound

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad I found your blog through the linky party!
    Drop by anytime :)

    Tracy

    Creekside Teacher Tales

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blog hop is huge. I'm your newest follower. if you get a chance please visit my blog @ Calling Plays in 2nd Grade.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog through the newbie blog hop and I am your newest follower!! It is so cute!! I would love for you to visit when you have a chance.

    Jess
    Mrs. Wood's Class

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi...I just found your blog through the Newbie Blog Hop and am now a follower. I would love for you to visit back and check out my blog (and enter my giveaway if you would like.)
    Amy
    www.adventuresinteaching.net

    ReplyDelete