Sunday, August 19, 2012

It's that time!

It's that time...back to school!  Tomorrow is my first day with my new fourth graders!  I am excited to see them all.  I thought I'd take a few minutes to share a couple things I am doing tomorrow.  First, to introduce myself and help them get to know me, I created this poster called Meet Mrs. Geren.  In the middle is a picture of me with my son.  In the top left corner, I have pictures of my family.  In the top right corner, I have a few things I like to do for fun:  go to TN to visit family & friends, go to the zoo, and spend time with friends.  Bottom left:  Favorites...favorite football team (Go VOLS!), color, fast food, and snack.  And the bottom right is my life in numbers:  4 is the number of years I have lived in SC.  I am 401 miles away from home and I am 9,481 days old!
Two of my favorite books to read on the first day of school are First Day Jitters and The Teacher from the Black Lagoon.  I still get jitters on my first day every year!  

I'll be sure to take pictures of my room for a classroom reveal and let you see what fun stuff we are working on! 

4 comments :

  1. Good luck on your first day back! Have fun!!
    Christy :)
    Mrs. Christy’s Leaping Loopers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your first day! Can you believe I am starting week 3 with kids tomorrow!!! Love your Meet the Teacher poster:) Can't wait to see your room!!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great day..tomorrow I start week 2 :)
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Meet the Teacher Poster! I am going to have to do this with my fourth graders! I start on the 29th. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete