Saturday, June 15, 2013

Five for Friday {on a Saturday!}

Well, I haven't posted for almost an entire week, but I have a good reason why...I've been at the beach!  Although most of this is personal, I still wanted to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday {on a Saturday}!  

1)  My mom, my son, and I decided to take a short vacation to the beach!  We went to Myrtle Beach and had a GREAT time!  The beach is SO relaxing and is my happy place!  Waking up at home with laundry to do isn't nearly as fun as waking up to the sound of the ocean waves!  
2) While at the beach, we ate some of the BEST seafood I've ever had!  I highly recommend Bennett's Calabash and Giant Crab if you are ever in Myrtle Beach!  They were sooooooo good!



3)  I bought this cute beach hat!  It is so not me, but I thought it was cute and thanks to my Instagram buddies advice, I decided to go for it!  Sometimes you just gotta branch out, right?!  

4) I can't go to the beach without hitting up cute beach shops, like Eagles!  I love shopping at beach shops!  I got a couple of t-shirts for me and my son and a cute workout top for me!  

5) What is it about teachers that we never stop thinking about school and things for our classrooms?!  While shopping at Eagles, I saw these sharks for sale and thought about how much my students love it!  I debated it, but I am glad that I bought it!  Kinda gross, but still neat!  I have a Monday Made It post coming that relates to sharks!  Stay tuned!


My son was convinced that he just had to have this alligator!  Eeekk!  I bought it, but am thinking it may just have to make it to school with me!  
Alright, it's time to get back to reality 'cause this laundry ain't washing itself!  #wishiwasbackatthebeach

4 comments :

  1. A trip to the beach sounded great until I saw the sharks and alligator. My boys would have loved both! Have a great weekend and I hope you get away from the laundry for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to MB in years but it looks just as I remember it! LOL...from Calabash to EAGLES! ;)
    Hope you had fun book shopping...did you go?
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great thing to buy for your classroom! I know my students would love to look at both the sharks in the glass bottle and the aligator head. Thanks for sharing.
    Tammy

    Mrs. Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Myrtle Beach!! That food looks so good!

    ReplyDelete