Big Lots Goodies!!

I've never been a frequent shopper at Big Lots, but when I saw the cute organizational finds someone posted on Instagram, I knew I had to go to shop there!  Luckily for me, their cute college stuff is exactly my colors for next year: bright pink, bright blue, and lime green.  Here are some of my CUTE finds!

Magazine holders - $3.00 each
Seven drawer organizer - $25.00 (At the first Big Lots I went to, it was $20...should've snagged it there!)  It's very tall and will come in handy!
Caddies: $3.00 each - Y'all know I've posted about my search for caddies for my desk that were a little bigger than what I previously had....Well, I found some very similar to what I had envisioned!  YAY!
A peek at the inside of the caddies...
Large baskets - I don't remember the price, but they were cheap, maybe a little more than $1.00?!  I'm not 100% sure how I will use these bigger baskets, but I know I'll find something!  
Small baskets: 2-pack for $1.20
I've *always* wanted to re-do my classroom library with cute matching baskets.  I've looked at the neon Really Good Stuff baskets, but just didn't want to spend so much money when I didn't actually have to.  Now, I can!  I will be getting rid of the primary colored baskets I have and will be replacing them with these! I just need to find more blue baskets.  Hubby is on the lookout today for me!!
This didn't come from Big Lots, but I wanted to share them anyway.  I got these goodies at the teacher store while I was home in Tennessee visiting family.  More polka dot borders, ice cream cone cut-outs (they were 60% off), CUTE letters, pink pen, and pencil cut-outs (also 60% off).  


9 comments

  1. I need to hit Big Lots! Love all the color! Geren's Gateway to Discovery ... That's all I 've got!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been seriously needing to go to Big Lots!!!!!! I plan to go at the end of the month... or maybe this weekend...ha!! :) Great finds. Love the bins at the top!

    Kimberlee @ iTeach 5th & Digital Doodle Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should leave your museum name open rather than limiting yourself to sea animals! Who knows what you might find??
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE those caddies! I am definitely taking a trip to big lots soon and hoping to fins just a few of the goodies you found!

    Wish I had something clever for your museum but my mind is blank :(

    -Bagby
    Math Madness

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohmygoodness! If it weren't midnight, I'd be at Big Lots. Awesome finds :)

    Lauren
    The Sweetest Thing
    Follow me on Bloglovin'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been to Big Lots in years, it looks like I will have to head that way soon. Now you have some things to decorate with washi tape ;)

    Chelsea
    Fifth Grade Wit and
    Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your new containers!! I went to our Big Lots and found NOTHING good! Maybe I'll try again another day and hopefully have more luck!

    I LOVE your new collection of little creatures! My hubby and I are animal nerds and love collecting and finding things like that. Okay, that sounded weird... our house is not a museum of animals, but we do think they're pretty cool! I would definitely set up a little museum in your room to show off your little friends.. I bet your kiddos would love that!!

    P.S. I meant to ask you what beach y'all were going to! We are leaving for Hilton Head tomorrow!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lana,
    I'm jelly of all of your Big Lots finds! I was trying to brainstorm a name for your museum...what about Geren's Great Outdoors?

    AND, where on Earth did you get those cute 'pin it' buttons to pop up over your photos?? I LOVE them!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors! how about Geren's Discovery Center...you could change the items there every so often. (You could bring some Tennessee items or something else). I have also seen teachers keep a spiral notebook at their center for students to record thoughts or comments based in the display items. I'm sure your class will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top