This week I've been doing what lots of you are doing...trying to savor the last days of summer, buying school supplies, and working on my classroom! This is my last "official" day of summer. We go back next Monday for a week of Professional Development, meetings, etc. Here is a peek at my week!
1. I bought a cute, new teacher's bag! If you're like me, you have tons of bags, but when I saw this bag on Very Jane, I thought it'd make the cutest teacher bag. Now, please come in the mail before August 19th!
2. I bought some cute teaching shirts! I found a website called teachershirts.com. I bought this Peace Love 5th Grade shirt on clearance for $8.00! It's actually a spider orange tie dye instead of the multi-colored, but I think it'll be really cute.
I bought this shirt for my mom for her birthday and ordered an extra for myself! :) It is in the multi-colored tie dye, which I love. Can't wait to get it in the mail today!
3. I finished my classroom museum display (for now). I consider this to be a work in progress as I continue to collect items for it. It's not exactly what I'd envisioned (although I'm not 100% sure what I envisioned), but I do think it's really neat.
4. I bought lots of pocket charts for my room! A few weeks ago I found turquoise pocket charts at Target for $1.00 and bought two and then wished I'd gotten more. So, this week I loaded up because I really use them a lot in my room and I wanted to have a few extra's. It seems like every time I buy "just enough" of something, I always wish I would've bought more.
At a Math meeting this week, I found out that we have to display Math "Power Words" in our classrooms this year and that they would be looking for them. This Math Vocabulary Wall sign and the pocket charts will be PERFECT to display the words! I also downloaded the Science Vocabulary Wall sign to keep track of important Science terms as well. I downloaded the signs from That's So Second Grade's Teachers Pay Teachers Store (click the link to visit). I love all of her designs!
5. I created a few things for my classroom! 1) Number sticks to help keep tracking of the writing process (inspired by That's So Second Grade). 2) Student Helpers & Class Ambassador signs. 3) "FUN" banner to go above my Snapshots of the Year area.
Question for YOU: A lot of people have asked me on Instagram if I have a TPT account. I do not have one, at least for now. I am completely new to creating things (like the numbers and signs above) and need some newbie advice!
1) The rainbow chevron background (which I absolutely ADORE) was free on a blog. Would I have the right to sell products using it since I didn't purchase it?
2) Where do you get your clip art from? Is the rule "if you purchase it, you can sell it on your products?" For example, if I use clip art from a free clip art website, can I sell a product using it?
3) What are the unwritten rules of selling on TPT? I've noticed on everything I buy, there's a page at the end telling where the font, clip art, and backgrounds are from. Any unwritten rules I'd need to know about?
4) Do you change everything to a PDF so that people cannot reproduce your work and use as their own?
5) Can you use free fonts to create products to sell? All of the fonts I have are ones I've downloaded for free. Could I use those or can you only use fonts you have purchased?
Another advice would be greatly appreciated!!