Monday, August 12, 2013

Teacher Week '13: Day One

I am super excited that this week is Teacher Week '13 at Blog Hoppin'!  This is my first week back to school.  All week we have professional development, meetings, Open House, and teacher workdays.  Students don't come until next Monday.  
Here is the schedule for the week!  I am thankful it worked out time-wise around the time I start back to school so that my room is ready for the classroom tour!  
Today's theme is "Let's Talk About Me: Meet the Teacher".  My name is Lana and I blog here at 4 The Love of Teaching.  I came up with the name of my blog because I am doing what I love to do and that is teaching.  I also taught fourth grade at the time, so that's why I used the number 4 in my title.  I have taught fourth grade for five years.  This year I am looping up with my class and will be teaching fifth grade for the first time and will serve as the lead teacher in my grade level!  
I live in South Carolina with my husband and my son.  We moved here in 2008 after my husband was transferred here with his job.  I have grown to enjoy where we live and I love where I teach, but we miss our family and friends tremendously. 
Although I am a South Carolina blogger now, I hope and pray one day we can move back to Tennessee (where we are originally from) and then I can say that I am a Tennessee blogger!  I *really* hope it'll happen one day.  As much as I love my friends here, I really miss my family and want my son to grow up around his grandparents, great-grandmother, aunts/uncles, and cousins. Maybe one day I'll be....
Some of my FAVORITES:

Color: Pink, Turquoise, and anything chevron!

Food: Chicken...I love grilled chicken with rice and Greek potatoes from one of my favorite local restaurants. I also love fresh fruit!

Drink:  Coke, Coke Zero, and every now and then I love a Mello Yellow or Sun Drop!  All bad, I know.  

Place to eat: My favorite place to sit down and eat is Olive Garden!  I LOVE their salad! My favorite fast food is Chick-Fil-A.

Music: I am a big fan of country music!  My favorite singers include: Eric Church, Kenny Chesney, Florida Georgia Line, & Luke Bryan.

Song: My summer favorite is "Cruise" by Florida Georgia Line, especially the Nelly version.  LOVE!  I also really like "Crash My Party" by Luke Bryan, "Redneck Crazy" by Tyler Farr, "Hey Girl" by Billy Currington, and "DONE" by The Band Perry.  I also really like "Ho Hey" by The Lumineers, which I know is totally opposite from my other favorites!  

Place to visit: You could probably guess that my favorite place to visit is TENNESSEE!  Other than TN for the obvious reason, I really love to go to the beach!  It is my happy, peaceful place.  We spent lots of time at the beach this summer and I enjoyed every minute.  My husband and I honeymooned in St. Lucia and would love to go back one day.  
Me and my sweet little boy at North Myrtle Beach - Summer 2013
Season:  I *love* Summer for many reasons: pool time, beach, warm weather, sunshine, flip-flops, no school, etc.  But, Fall comes in at a close second!  I love the smells, the sights, and the beauty of Fall!  

Animal:  My favorite dog breed is the Chihuahua.  I had one as a teenager and loved her so very much!  One day I would love to have another one.  I would want one that looks like either of these:
  
My favorite "exotic" animal is giraffes.  At our local zoo, we can feed the giraffes!  It's my favorite part.
Books:  I love reading love stories, but this summer I've read a LOT of historical fiction books that I will read this year in 5th grade.  To see some of those, check out my Fiction Friday links.  

Shopping: For teacher clothes, I usually shop at New York & Company or Target.  I love Very Jane for jewelry and clothes as well, probably a little too much!  I also love to shop at Hobby Lobby.

Things to do: My #1 favorite thing is just being a Mommy.  I love my little boy more than anything in this world.  I enjoy shopping, swimming, blogging, visiting new places, going to the zoo and the aquarium, and just being with family and friends.

10 comments :

  1. Love your blog. I live a long way from my family too and miss them. I love your photos - they tell a great story.
    Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNEW there was a reason why we connected...I am a turquoise-loving, Coke Zero-drinking, country music-listening (especially Eric Church!) fan too! :)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your post and thanks for sharing! I would have to say my #1 season is fall...I'm loving summer but I've had it with these hot days up here! Can't wait to break out the scarves and boots...and of course those Pumpkin Spice lattes! :)

    Kelly
    Sliding Into Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lana:
    I love that black and white picture with your son! So cute!
    I am sending you lots of good wishes for your first week back...

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fall is my favorite season too. And, Olive Garden? Yum!! Love the breadsticks!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved reading more about you! That photo of you and your son is sooooo precious!!!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Giraffes are the best exotic animal! I agree. I love learning more about you and hope you get to move back to TN someday. As always your little boy is so very cute!!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too love to vacation at the beach! Hands down my favorite place to go!

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our New York & Company store closed, such a bummer! It was the best for teaching clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Olive Garden. Yummy!! I also love me some country music. Luke Bryan is definitely one of my favorites. He's adorable!

    Jeannie
    The 2nd Grade Surprise

    ReplyDelete