A Peek at my Week

Here is my peek for this week!  It's going to be a BUSY one!

{Reading/ELA} This week we will continue our novel study on Forty Acres and Maybe a Mule.  Our grammar focus will be on conjunctions, interjections, and preposition. This focus will continue on to next week.  

{Math} We will continue learning about the power of 10.  We will also wrap up our unit on place value and assess this week.

{Social Studies} We will continue our study of westward expansion, focusing on factors and obstacles settlers faced and how settlers acquired land. I'm loving this unit so far!  

{Science} We will be learning how we can change the effect that friction has on the motion of objects.  My partner teacher has some really neat activities planned for this!  This photo popped up when I searched for friction...haha!

Usually I keep this weekly post all about school, but today I thought about mixing it up and adding some personal things that is on my to-do list this week.
  • Call and check into a storage unit in my town. Since we are moving and putting our house for sale, I know we are going to need to move a lot of things in storage for a few months. I guess it's hard to picture yourself buying a house that's filled with tons of Lego's, animals all around (play animals, not real), kids play area in the great room, etc.  ;)
  • Call and set up a meeting with a local realtor.
  • Call and schedule a meeting with a cleaning lady. This girl is gonna need some help keeping my house cleaned and ready to show at any moment.
  • Common Core Math meeting Tuesday afternoon.  Every Tuesday we have a Common Core meeting from 3:30-4:45. It makes for a long day for my little one who is at daycare. This week we have a Math meeting. 
  • Continue researching towns near Atlanta. THANK YOU to all of you who have helped me so far.  We think we have a few "top" towns picked. Hopefully within the next month or two, we can pick a weekend to visit Atlanta and go see the towns.
  • SURVIVE :)  Y'all know how stressful last week was. Even my principal told me he could tell I had a lot on my plate. You aren't kidding! This week has to be better!

5 comments

  1. That photo is the best! I can't imagine the stress of moving, sending good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that polar bear picture. I am totally going to use it when I teach friction later this year. Thanks!
    Good luck with your move!

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Find me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You do have quite a busy week planned! Good luck with everything!

    I love the friction picture!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth
    Follow me on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just added that picture to my Pinterest page for writing prompts. It is hilarious!

    I hope you have a more restful week. Thanks for linking up!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the polar bear pic! Sounds like fun topics this week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top