It's time for my weekly wrap up with Five for Friday (or Saturday!). Y'all, this week was just CRAZY!
1) We found out we are MOVING to Georgia. Specifically, somewhere north of Atlanta. We are being relocated with a promotion for my husband. I am super nervous, stressed, and kind of excited. You can click here to find the post where I talked about our upcoming move. Several of you asked if I'd be teaching when we moved. I will not be teaching again until next fall once we move. We'll most likely move in February and I plan to take the rest of the school year to get settled in our new house/town, search for schools, possible daycare, etc. I *WILL* continue this blog throughout that time because I will still be teaching...my "student" will be my 3 year old! I'll be sharing lots of things we do/make so this blog will go from 5th grade to Pre-K!
2) In addition to learning the news of this big move, my little one also got really sick on Friday (which equals one cruddy, overwhelming week). Double ear infection, sore throat, upset tummy, and lots of drainage causing gagging and throwing up. :( This morning his words were, "Mommy, I AM happy, but I don't feel good." Bless his sweet heart. We read lots of books yesterday and last night we enjoyed his first Scholastic magazine from school!3) Speaking of Scholastic, I was super excited when I got an order in this week. I ordered a Pete the Cat pack for my son for Christmas and a few other books for school and/or my son.
I wondered why the box was so heavy because I knew I hadn't ordered any books that would've been really heavy. Well, it was heavy because I got 10 free books! Then I remembered seeing something about that when I purchased the books. I recently got an email that I was now a "Red Apple Teacher" with Scholastic so I am assuming that's why! YAY!
4) It probably shouldn't come as a surprise, but this week was SO overwhelming that I didn't take ANY pictures. :( But, we had a GREAT time reading the first 10 chapters of this book! We made lots of connections, connected it to our study in Social Studies, searched for evidence in the text that proved misconceptions false, and identified character traits.
5) We also completed a Science experiment on balanced and unbalanced forces. Pics to come soon!
* We would appreciate any prayers throughout the next 5 months as we begin house hunting, put ours on the market, and plan to move 4 hours away.