Sunday, September 29, 2013

This Week!

Here is a peek at my week! For those of you who have read my blog, you know that September has brought lots of news, some sad and some exciting but overwhelming, and some sickness to our family. I am hoping that this week is EASY, that no one gets sick, and that things are boring around my house because I could use that right about now!! :)

School related:
I am loving 5th grade Social Studies! LOVE!  We have been studying Westward Expansion really in depth for a couple weeks. This week our focus is on the Transcontinental Railroad!
I'm still not 100% comfortable with Science, but we are getting there. We split classes for Science and I teach the struggling readers - average students so that has brought about some struggles, but we are all learning and making it.  Last week we did an experiment with this question in mind:  How is the bounce of a ball related to the height from which the ball was dropped?  This week we will graph our results and discuss.
In ELA, we will complete narratives that students are writing based on the story Forty Acres and Maybe a Mule. They are SO, SO good and I cannot wait to see the final results!

In Math, we will work on adding and subtracting decimals!

The BIGGEST thing this week will be our field trip! We will be traveling about 3 hours away for a fun-filled field trip! It'll be our first time at the place we are going to so we are hoping all goes well! :) I'll share more next weekend about our trip.

At home:
  • I am excited that my mom will be here for the week! Since we live about 7 1/2 hours away, we haven't seen her since mid-July. My son is SO excited to spend all week with his Mimi.
  • We met with a realtor this weekend and will begin doing a few things around the house that she suggested to get our house ready for the market. Eeekkk! Meeting with a realtor definitely made our move seem much more real.


1 comment :

  1. Oh my...a field trip that is 3 hours away??? The farthest we go is 90 minutes to our state capital and that is about 90 minutes too long on a bus with 4th graders. :)

    Have a great week! Hope everyone is healthy!!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete