Saturday, October 12, 2013

Five for Friday {10-12}

What a fun week this has been! This week was Spirit Week because homecoming was last night! Spirit Week is usually lots of fun with dress up days!
I love dress up days so I, of course, dressed up each day!
Monday - No school (PD day)
Tuesday - Favorite celebrity day or decade day
Wednesday - Neon Day
Thursday - Nerd Day
Friday - Blue/Gold Day

Here's a look my outfits for three of the days!
   

This week we have been studying perfect verb tenses. I found this fun craft on Teachers Pay Teachers. My fifth graders really enjoyed working on it!

We've also added information in our interactive notebooks!

In our main workroom, teachers put things on a table if they don't want/need them anymore. I am always on the lookout for books for my lower readers. I spotted these calendar cards and wondered what I could use them for. Then, I had an Aha! moment and thought they'd be perfect to use in a few months when I become a stay at home mommy (due to our move in February).  What's that saying....one person's trash is another one's treasure!
We have a BUSY and EXCITING weekend! Tomorrow we are going to the state fair and I cannot wait! :) I love, love, love the fair! My little one LOVES and is totally obsessed with elephants so we are definitely planning on riding an elephant and a camel, per his request! Here's a little throwback from last year!
  

5 comments :

  1. Can you tell me what Homecoming is? I'm from Cali, and the only Homecoming I know of is the Homecoming football game for the high schoolers, and of course, the Homecoming Queen and her court.

    I'm reading on a lot of blogs, all of them from the eastern part of the U.S. about the elementary school celebrating Homecoming with a Spirit Week. Do all the schools get excited for this? It seems like it's a HUGE deal on that side of the country. I think it's kind of cool, actually. : )

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an awesome week! Hope you have fun at the fair :)

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of you today when I was at the store and saw a Duck Dynasty travel mug. It made me think of your blog post earlier this week.

    Have fun at the fair! Eat some yummy fair food!! :)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Duck Dynasty costume! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see what you added to your interactive notebook for past perfect and present perfect tense. Is it posted somewhere? This concept is so tricky for 5th graders

    ReplyDelete