Friday, November 8, 2013

Five for Friday {November 8}

Y'all, I am so glad that it is FRIDAY! It has been a L-O-N-G week!
{One}
We had our Success Assembly today! I was SO proud of one of my sweet students who got an award for having a perfect PASS score last year! Isn't that amazing?! Not only that, but it's the second year in a row she has gotten a perfect score. She is a truly remarkable child!
{Two}
I also got an award today...Teacher of the Month! :) I was excited! I sure will miss this school when I move in 2 months.
{Three}
We've had some really good small groups lately! One group read this text with a focus on the main idea. They all did so good!
{Four}
In Science, we have been talking about the geologic structures of the ocean floor! This week students (in groups) made a model of the ocean floor. This did such a good job! I labeled two groups models for you to see!!

{Five}
Today we had a poster project due! In Social Studies, we've been studying the Industrial Revolution. Our state standards outline three inventors/inventions that we focus on, while learning lots of others during this time period. They researched information at school, wrote an informative essay (at school) about their inventor/invention, and completed a poster at home. Here is a look coming down the hallway and a few up close photos.







5 comments :

  1. Congratulations on Teacher of the Month! That's awesome! Congratulations to your student also! That's a huge accomplishment!

    Marcy
    Saddle Up For 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm impressed. Students turn in projects and the display goes up all in the same day! Congrats on Teacher of the Month! ~ Amy, Create To Educate Girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Ms. Teacher of the Month!!! I'm so excited for you...although I'm sure it makes leaving soon hurt a little bit more.
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your award! Also, love those ocean floor models!!

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete