Monday, December 23, 2013

13 in '13

It's hard to believe that 2013 is almost over. 2013 has been quite the year of change in both my personal (a BIG move) and professional life (moved from 4th to 5th)! I love this Thirteen in '13 linky party so I wanted to join in!  
Here are some of my favorite memories of 2013 in no particular order.

{One} Many of my favorite moments were just everyday events and fun with my son. We spent lots of time playing and having fun as a family. This picture was taken at a park and is one of my favorites.

{Two} This year I ran three 5K's, which has always been a goal of mine. First, I ran the Color Run in Columbia, SC with two teacher friends and my mom.
Then, I ran the Color Run in Nashville, TN with my mom and one of my best friends.
Lastly, I ran the Providence Heart & Sole 5K with my teacher friend, Kacey.
{Three} We celebrated one special little boy's 3rd birthday.
{Four} We enjoyed a beach trip to Myrtle Beach with my mom. This was my son's face the first time in the ocean this past summer. He's been before, but he was so excited this time.
{Five} We enjoyed a family vacation with my husband's family to Fripp Island, where we enjoyed more beach and pool time.
{Six} We took our final vacation with my mom and husband to Myrtle Beach. My little one really did well swimming this time!
{Seven} I enjoyed dress up days at school, such as Favorite Celebrity Day...
{Eight} I had fun at the Carolina and Georgia blogger get-together!
{Nine} We had lots of fun taking many zoo trips! We LOVE the zoo and went too many times to count.
{Ten} We had TONS of fun at the state fair. The highlight was riding an elephant, which is my son's favorite animal.
{Eleven} I graduated with my Master's degree! Big accomplishment as a working mom with a three year old!
{Twelve} We sold our house in South Carolina as we learned that my husband got a promotion at work, which caused us to move.
{Thirteen} We moved to Georgia....I should actually say we are currently in the process of moving to Georgia! With this move, that means I am no longer a fifth grade teacher and I will soon be a stay at home Mom. No worries about this blog - it will be filled with fun Pre-K fun we do!
What a year! Most of my highlights were from my personal life. My professional life changed quite a bit. I went from teaching 4th grade to 5th grade, which was a big change for me. I loved 4th grade and I loved my partner teacher, who became and still is one of my best friends. I also really liked 5th grade, especially our SS standards. With our move, I no longer teach 5th grade and will soon transition into a stay at home Mom.  I cannot even imagine what our life in 2014 will look like as we start over in a new state. Eeekkk! 

4 comments :

  1. Wow! Three 5k's! I also ran the Color Run out here in Orange County...tons of fun! A friend of mine told me about a night 5k, called the Neon Run. We may check that out this year. Such big changes for you this year. Good luck with the move! It's great that you can stay at home with your son right now! I bet he is going to love having you around all the time!

    Chelsea
    Fifth Grade Wit and
    Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a great year full of amazing accomplishments and fun!! Best of luck in Georgia....I can't wait to read about your new adventures!!

    Katie
    Mind Sparks

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a jam packed year! I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to meet you (both in real life and online) during 2013! So excited for you and your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a year you've had!!! I'm so excited to have met you this year and looking forward to hearing about all of the fun and excitement will come with 2014!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete