Oh friends, thank goodness for Friday! It has been a long, long week. I still have one more week of school and I am ready for this time next week!
1) We began the week by celebrating my son's third birthday! We had his party last weekend. Here are some pictures from his party! He had the best time!
2) Part of me can't believe I'm saying this, but he got a mini iPad for his birthday! He loves it so much and there are some great apps out there, even for his age. He loves a Spelling app and this Monkey Math app! Do you know of any good apps for the Pre-K age?
3) My fourth graders have LOVED solving logic puzzles this week! I have had one on the board each morning for morning work and they have really enjoyed them!
4) I was excited this week to get these class sets to use next year! I got Number the Stars from the current 5th grade teacher. I can't wait to read it next year! :) I placed a book order recently with Scholastic and got a free $10 to spend. Island of the Blue Dolphins was on sale for $1 so I got 10 for free and spent $10 to get 10 more. Woohoo for a class set of books for $10! Then, another student placed an order online so I got another $10 to spend so I got a few more copies, plus two copies of the book Holes.
5) With one week left of school, my classroom is in disarray and is driving me bonkers! Luckily, I don't have to move classrooms, but I have had to get rid of everything for 4th grade (including my entire library) and replace it all with 5th grade materials. This doesn't include anything that needs to be packed for the summer. Eeeekkkkk!