Wednesday, January 1, 2014

One For Me Linky

As I read this post from Tara at 4th Grade Frolics, I could relate to many parts. I love the idea of her linky - pick ONE small/doable goal for me. At this time of year, we all reflect on the previous year and make goals for next year. Most of the time, those goals get pushed aside as the year progresses. That's why I love this one small, doable goal for me.
It's strange to say/think this, but I have NO idea what this year holds for me. I've just moved to a new state where I know no one and am beginning my journey as a stay at home mom until I begin applying for jobs next year. As scary as it is, I am looking forward to lots of quality time with my son and just settling in here and making our house a home. I hope to update soon about our move and that progress, but for now I want to share my 1 for me goal.

My 1 for me goal is just to WALK. Walk every day in my neighborhood. Sounds so simple, right? 

The truth is ... I'd love to say I'm going to lose 50 pounds and run 3 miles a day. Last year I actually ran 3 miles daily or every other day for quite some time - and ran several 5K's. I've been out of pocket for so long with my exercise that I've gained a tremendous amount of weight and just feel ick. 

So, my goal is to start simple and to start with something that I can easily do and that is to just get MOVING, to just start walking.  
Happy New Year, friends! I'll be back soon with updates about how we are settling in here in Georgia! 

3 comments :

  1. I think this sound like a great plan!!! Maybe with this new move and some time off this is just what you needed. Good luck. Hope you get all settled soon!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is, in my opinion, a much more obtainable goal. I really want to make it with you... but then I glance at the multiple inches of snow that are still accumulating out my window. I definitely should have taken better advantage of my mild winter last year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your walking:) Love that you are going to have time with your little man:) Enjoy that time!!! You deserve it:) You're a doll and will meet some people soon:) Thanks for linking up and Happy New Year:) Hugs friend:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete