One of my best blogging buddies, Erin (The Short & Sassy Teacher), nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thanks so much, Erin! I just love Erin and her cute blog!
The rules for the award are:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions written by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers you think bring sunshine to the world.
4. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
11 Random Facts:
1. I am currently a SAHM.
2. I keep chapstick with me at all times.
3. I've moved three times in six years.
4. I grew up on a farm and loved it. I enjoyed horse rides, riding four-wheelers, and other country fun.
5. My elementary school was K-8.
6. I went to St. Lucia on my honeymoon. It was beautiful!
7. I love to watch reality TV.
8. I enjoy running, but often get shin splints.
9. I am getting ready to run my fourth 5K.
10. I love that my son wants to play sports. I think sports are so great for children. He just started playing soccer.
11. We are in the process of totally re-doing our home office! Think lots of organization, new flooring, built in's, etc.
My 11 Questions from Erin:
1. What is your favorite subject to teach? I loved teaching Social Studies! I think it's so important to learn about our nation's history.
2. What is a piece of advice you'd like to give to new teachers? Take your time & don't get overwhelmed. It's easy to get overwhelmed with Pinterest and teaching blogs because everyone's classroom looks amazing and seems like the "perfect" classroom - and it's not. Focus on one area at a time and take your time. It took me 6 years to get my classroom like I wanted it...and then I moved mid-year. *sigh*
3. What's one of your guilty pleasures? Hmmm, maybe shopping?!
4. How would you describe your classroom using three words? Organization, community, and expectations.
5. When did you know you wanted to be a teacher? I've always wanted to be a teacher. For a while I considered nursing, but teaching has always been my career choice.
6. How do you try and spread your sunshine to others? I just try to be myself, in person and through social media. I try to be a good friend and care about others.
7. What's your song anthem? I'm not sure what this means. Like, our school song? Or just a song I love? Sorry! I may be having a blonde moment.
8. Name your teaching necessity. Organization! I just feel more prepared when things are organized.
9. What's your favorite snack food? Chips!
10. Who is your favorite children's author? I don't know if I have a favorite author. I know, so un-teacher of me! I love so many books from so many different authors.
11. Why did you decide to start blogging? I began blogging after my first move-when I moved out of my childhood home to another state. I was sad, I missed my family, but I was excited to be a fourth grade teacher so I blogged all about it. It gave me something to do and a way to share it with my family. I actually blogged about it on my personal blog. Eventually, I didn't want my personal and professional "stuff" to be together so I created this blog. Over time, my blog became more of a way to share my ideas and get ideas from others! Teacher blogs have blossomed over the past few years!
I'm going to be a bit of a rule-breaker and not nominate 11 specific people because I think so many of you are fantastic and spread sunshine! And...I've got to hurry and get ready for puppy training class...these puppies are keeping me on my feet! :)
On another note, I was a bit "out" of the blogging world for a couple of days. I decided not to do "school stuff" this past with my son. I felt that we both just needed time away from that. My intuition was right because he ended up with strep throat AND the croup! I'll be back soon with other things to share! Have a good Sunday, friends!