Monday Made It

I am linking up with Tara for another round of Monday Made It! I have worked in my classroom this week, but don't have any part done enough to show that.

This year I am going to try a new way to organize. I have two nice filing cabinets and I want to utilize those. Since I only have one subject this year (ELA), I hope to have all of my files relating to a certain standard in a file folder. I plan to use three drawers in one file cabinet and will label them: Reading, Writing, Language Arts. This week I copied and pasted all of my ELA standards onto Avery templates and then put them on file folders. If you are a 5th grade teacher, you can get your copy here. I think I'll like this type of organization! 


My second Monday Made It has been a l-o-n-g process. When we first moved in, we knew we wanted a nice home office. My husband works at home quite a bit and needs a space to spread out and I also could use space to work on school stuff.

Step 1: We took out the carpet and replaced it with hardwood that matches the rest of the hardwood in my house. We kept the carpet and had a family member make rugs out of it.
Step 2: Our second project was to make shelves in our office closet to hold books, binders, etc. My husband and father-in-law worked on this project. They bought, cut, and stained wood and molding to go around. Now I have lots of nice shelves in the closet! Yay!
Step 3: The next step was to pick out custom cabinets. We chose to use Lowe's for this project and was overall pleased with the process. I LOVE the cabinets that they installed and have been SO happy with them!


Step 4: After the cabinets were installed, we were able to have the countertop installed by Lowe's.

Step 5: ORGANIZE! This step was by far the worst! All of our office stuff was just thrown into boxes. We organized, organized, and organized some more. And shredded TONS of papers - 8 garbage bags worth! 

Step 6: Enjoy our new home office! I LOVE it!



7 comments

  1. I am so jealous of your home office! I feel like I'd spend way too much time in it if I had one like it though!

    Bryce
    First Grade Stampede

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your office looks great! I love your hardwood floors!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my soul! I love your office space and those cabinets for sure!
      The OverStimulated Teacher

      Delete
  4. Can I move into your home office? It looks so snazzy!!! I'm seriously jealous right now!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL!!!! The office turned out to be gorgeous! I bet you both appreciate the quiet organized space to get some work done!
    Erin

    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top