Classroom Set Up - Day 3

In m y new classroom, I have a HUGE bulletin board. I have used fabric to cover bulletin boards in the past and loved that, but because my board is so big (109 inches in length and 46 inches in width), I thought that might get costly. So, I bought two table covers from Wal-Mart.

I went to my Instagram friends and asked which border they thought I should use. I was leaning towards black and they thought the same.
They didn't let me down! I love the black and white border with the blue. The table cover about drove me crazy because it's impossible to make it straight. Add that to my 4 year old wanting out Math manipulatives, markers, paper, etc...whew! I'm not too worried about the wrinkles though - soon enough I'll have charts and other things on the board!


I brought this large table to the back of the room by my bulletin board. My plan for this area:
  • An area for students to write
  • An area for students to read
  • An area for me to meet with small groups
I have a few materials to buy to make this table more "homey" and comfortable. My IKEA stools fit perfectly around the table.
I'm certainly not finished, but I've made MAJOR progress with 3 days - with my 4 year old, might I add! :)

3 comments

  1. Great start Lana! I love black & white polka dots so I would've voted for that one too! :) Everything with kids takes longer right? When do you go back to school? We have summer school at our site this year, but we're never allowed back in this early. I like getting a head start!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could get into my school right now, I am wanting to pain the room and I want to make sure I have enough time to get every thing ready. I am wanting to pain the walls about the color of your bulletin boards. I plan on using red and black too! Your board looks great!
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the blue background with black & white polka dots! Looks awesome!!

    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top