Five for Friday

Today I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday! This week has seemed to fly by and my summer is dwindling down so quickly! I only have 4 full days of summer left. Yikes.
1) This week started out with me taking one of my dogs, Maggie (pictured on the right), to the veterinarian. She had began limping and holding up her back right leg. She did it somewhat sporadic so we didn't think too much of it at first. Last week while we were at the beach, we noticed her doing it more often.
It turns out she has a cranial cruciate ligament injury. Our veterinarian said she most likely injured it running around outside. She has a muscular build for her size and that played against her in this scenario. He compared it to an athletic injury, similar to an ACL injury in a human. We are giving her antibiotics for 3 weeks for inflammation and if it's not any better, he will refer her for joint repair surgery at the University of Georgia. :( :( :( We hope that the antibiotics will help, but will do whatever we can to help our Maggie girl feel better. It's unfortunate timing with me going back to school during this time.
 
2) I also spent part of one day this week in my classroom. I am making good progress, but still have lots of things I need to do. I don't think I'll go back until teachers go back. I just want to enjoy my last few days at home!

3) I have purchased a few clothes for school. I am not big on certain brands of clothing. If it's cute and comfortable, I'll wear it! I love these cotton dresses from Wal-Mart. They are SO comfortable and I can add a cardigan to make them school friendly. And for $10 - you can't beat it!
I also love this shirt from Belk. It was on sale for $20 - great deal! 
4) I have been shopping at thrift stores for books for my classroom library and have scored some GREAT deals! I'll share more details later of the books I purchased.
 
 
5) My son and I both worked on canvas paintings this week! I'll share mine next Monday for Monday Made It. My son loves to paint so he had such a fun time creating this masterpiece! We have it proudly displayed in the kitchen! :)


6 comments

  1. Hi Lana, I found you on Five for Friday and am stopping by to show some love :) I'm starting to count down 4 weeks of summer left until back-to-school, but you have 4 DAYS! Good luck, it'll be fabulous!

    Ventaneando: A Window Into First Grade Bilingüe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe you only have four days left! YIKES! I can't wait to see the caves you painted!
    Jenny
    Livin’ the Third Grade Dream

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your puppy dog's leg heals completely! I'm like you when it comes to clothes. I don't care where they are from if I like them. I'm glad my daughter is the same way. I couldn't afford to buy all of her clothes at Justice. Enjoy your last few days.
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sad to hear about your doggy. : ( I really hope the anti-inflammatories help your little one. Before you wrote the name of your dog's problem, I was thinking your dog had a luxating patella. My cock-a-poo had that. She'd be running along, then limp for a second or two as she jogged, then be fine again. Dog found out it was luxating patella in an exam. Nothing serious, though. Didn't hurt her. Can you tell if your dog is in pain? Hope she feels better soon. : )

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww...I'm so sorry about your dog!! I hope the antibiotics work and you don't have to go through with the surgery! 4 days of summer is crazy!! Enjoy every moment!

    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  6. 4 days left is short and I would want to stay home too! I go back in about 2 1/2 weeks! Summer flies by! Thanks for sharing!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top