Five for Friday

Happy Friday! This is my LAST day before school starts so it's definitely bittersweet.
{one} - I did a little bit of school shopping this week at the Dollar Tree. I bough clipboards, planner accessories, Math dice, pencils, magnetic clips, magnetic holder, and two small bins. 
{two} I found a cute chevron backpack at Wal-Mart that was only $6.88! I didn't get it, but I think I'll go back and get it. It's too good of a deal and too cute not to.
{three} I worked on setting up my conference binders this week. You can read more about how I set them up HERE.
{four} This past year my new school purchased a book called "Which Way to the Wild West?" We will be using it this year in Reading to integrate Social Studies since our 5th graders will learn about Westward Expansion. I've only read about 2/3 of it so far, but it's really good. If you teach westward expansion, I'd definitely look into it!

{five} Yesterday was my new employee orientation and onboarding session (benefits, contract, etc). I had forgotten what it's like to be the new teacher and how overwhelming it is. I left my meetings and my school so overwhelmed yesterday! I'm really dreading leaving my son (he'll be going to Pre-K, but not at my school) and will be glad when we both get back in the groove. Wish us luck next week!

7 comments

  1. I love the backpack! I hate to see kids with those expensive ones- they do not take care of them. When I taught third grade I always loved teaching about Westward movement. I had a great Oregon Trail activity, but those are no longer in the Alabama state course of study. I agree, the beginning of the year is overwhelming! Every year!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great finds from the Dollar Tree! :)

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next week is going to be a BIG week for you! I can only imagine how overwhelming your meetings were. Last year we had a new teacher join us, she had left her former position of 12 years! She told us all..I'll just be crazy and overwhelmed until Christmas, too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the same boat as you. I left my school after 17 years and now I'm the new kid on the block! haha I have gone in and done all of my contract and benefit stuff, but I haven't gone to new teacher orientation yet...that should be interesting. I think the change for me will be a positive one, hopefully yours will be too.
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you got a bunch of cute things! And I'd definitely go back and get that book bag!! I’m gearing up for a big giveaway on my blog on August 11 - come stop by so you don’t miss it!!
    Sarah
    Beyond The Gradebook

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got a lot of great things at Dollar Tree! I hope you're enjoying your last weekend home. My son is actually going back to school Monday, but I don't go back (officially) for 3 weeks. I have 2-3 trainings each week and a jury duty service in there :( I kind of feel like this is my last "free" week!

    Katie
    Dirty Hands & Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can find a lot of good things at the Dollar Tree! Be sure to grab all you need though, because they go quick!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top