Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Work it Wednesday {Week 2}

Today I am linking up with Katie for Work it Wednesday! I love this idea and cannot wait to get inspiration from others who are working out and eating healthy!
I decided on October 1st, 2014 I was going to make a lifestyle change and I am still going strong. I have lost 43 pounds to date and feel SO much better!
 
One thing that has really helped me is the use of my home gym. We used to have only the elliptical and a few weights. The elliptical was in the garage so all during the winter months, I'd bundle up in layers to exercise because it was so cold. We moved it upstairs recently and added a Bowflex machine. Having this ready and available has been awesome!
Each month I make goals for myself to hold myself more accountable. I created an Instagram account just to document my weight loss journey and food. I have loved it and gain some much inspiration from the people I follow. My Instagram username for that account is @wwlana if you are interested in following along. I made a snapshot of what it looks like below. It's really helped me hold myself accountable!
Instagram account can be found HERE. 
Here is a transformation picture that I shared recently! The left is July 4th 2014 and the right is April 2015. I still have lots of goals to achieve, but it's nice to see the difference my choices have made so far. 
My workouts usually consist of 40-45 minutes on the elliptical. I am currently watching season 3 of Revenge, which I *LOVE*. I only watch it when I workout so it's a good motivator. After cardio, I'll work with weights. I usually have my days set up similar to this outline below. In no particular order:
  • Cardio, biceps, triceps
  • Cardio, back, abs
  • Cardio, shoulders, abs
  • Cardio, legs
As you can see, lots of cardio! I try to workout 5 days a week now that I am out of school.
 
Happy Wednesday!!

4 comments :

  1. Love your photo progress-very inspiring. Looking forward to seeing your progress over the summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post and now you have a new instagram follower! THank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Amazing progress so far! Just started following you on instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, i really like it.if you enjoy our site as if you pla t follow: http://www.robesdemariee2013.com/

    ReplyDelete