Classroom Decorating - Day 1


Last week I took a few materials to my school and met with my principal to get my pacing guides. I didn't move anything in my room or change things because I wanted to get everything (or close to everything) there first. You can see that post HERE if you missed it.

I took most of my materials there on Monday. Bringing all of this inside my room definitely counted as my workout of the day!
My first step was to move my student cubbies to the back wall and then start placing items that I brought with me. The picture above and below is the same spot. It shows a good before/after from day 1.
I have another bookshelf to add to this area and hopefully more that the school will supply, but it is the beginning of a classroom library. I will most likely need to get another IKEA rug, as well.

Originally, my desk was facing the window so that my back would be to the door and the students. Although I rarely sit at my desk, I didn't want to have my back to the students so I moved my desk to create a teacher area in that corner. I've went desk-less before, but I am going to keep this desk. It's not as bulky as a regular teacher desk and is very nice. 

I didn't touch this area where my dry erase board and desks were. 
Although it doesn't look like a LOT, I worked for 5 1/2 hours there. My 5 year old was with me so entertaining him took some time, but overall he did great!

I made a lot of progress on day 2. Stay tuned! 

2 comments

  1. Wow! You did a lot! I still can't get into my room. Crossing my fingers that I will be able to soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good so far. At my building we don't have to remove all our 'stuff' from the room, so that makes getting ready for the year a lot easier. We start with students on Aug. 12...when do you begin?

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top