Sunday, July 19, 2015

Social Studies Binder Organization

Some teachers prefer binders, some prefer file folder systems, and some prefer digital storage. I am a binder girl! I love a good organized binder.
 
One of my popular posts is about how I organize my Social Studies binders. You can read it HERE. Since then, I've moved states and have new standards to teach next year. Luckily, I was able to keep about 80% of it and just change covers and the information inside.
 
Here are my NEW Social Studies binders!

You can see my units of study are:
  • Immigration
  • World War I
  • The Roaring Twenties
  • The Great Depression
  • World War II
  • Decades - 50's and 60's
  • Decades - 70's, 80's, and 90's

Inside each binder, I have a list of topics by unit that I need to cover within that unit. This helps me make sure I cover everything needed during the unit.
 
I also included books that correlate, which is an ongoing project. I'll just add books to my list as I discover them.


Social Studies is my FAVORITE subject to teach. I'm so glad that I re-organized my binders for this year! 

1 comment :

  1. Your binders look awesome! I love how you weave social studies and reading together. Your kids are so lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete