Five for Friday

Happy Saturday! I am enjoying a laid back, lazy Saturday morning here. It's crisp outside this morning. Fall is in the air and I am loving it!

{one}
This week in Literacy we focused on visualizing. We shared various quotes from our read aloud, The Magician's Nephew, and shared our "mind movies" together. 
Anchor chart inspired by The Teaching Thief
{two}
One of my goals as a Reading teacher is to foster a LOVE of reading. Most of my students came to me loving reading, but I do have several reluctant readers. We're beginning book talks this coming week and I can't wait to hear my students talk about their favorite books!

I've had pictures from the first week of school of my students picking out books and reading independently so I wanted a place to display those. To make our classroom feel more like home, I want my students pictures displayed around the room. I got the idea of the tagline "Building a community of readers"....
I made the most of my wall space and I created a mini bulletin board below my white board. I've added pictures to the board and will add more/rotate them throughout the year. Love it!
{three}
I added these letters to spell out "READ" in top of a bookshelf in my classroom. Love them.



{four}
I got an Amazon order this week of more books to add to my classroom library. Be on the lookout for book reviews soon! 

{five}


Last night Pre-K and Kindergarten got to run out on the football field before our football came out. My little one had so much fun! There is something fun about Friday night lights.

2 comments

  1. LOVE the idea of posting pics of them reading! I am working on building a community of readers and this will be a great touch to add!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm envious of your 'crisp outside, fall is in the air' weather. It was 102 where I am today. ;( . Love the Magician's Nephew and I love your idea for the community of readers bulletin board.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top