What a week!! Please keep my student who lost his mother in your prayers. I posted about it in my previous post. My administration and I attended the funeral today and he's just been on my heart and mind constantly. I ended up not taking a single picture all week with everything going on. But, I do still have some things to share so I am linking up with Five for Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching.
1) I got some big news this week. I am moving to......
I will be looping up with my fourth graders to teach them again in fifth grade! I have taught with THE BEST team teacher for five years so I am sad I won't teach with her again. But, I am sure this next year will be good! The good news is that I do not have to move rooms (whew!) and have the option of keeping my same class (which I plan to). Much more to come about my move to 5th grade next year!
2) This year our school became a Title I school. One nice thing is the extra materials we have been able to receive. This past week I got these two things in the mail:
3) This week we have learned all about idioms and this pocket chart from Really Good Stuff has been so helpful!
4) I introduced bucket filling last year and loved how it helped our classroom community! This year we have had a harder time with it. I have my class write notes to fill in each other's buckets and naturally, these notes should be compliments. But , we have really strayed from it with notes that say things like "Hey." or "Hi, how are you?". My class isn't really even excited about it and we only check our buckets every two weeks or so, whereas last year we checked them every Friday. Do you guys have any advice?!?!
5) Tomorrow I am participating in a 3 mile walk with the Providence Heart and Sole Walk! I am walking with another teacher! Yay for exercise! I have been on Weight Watchers for a few weeks and lost 3 pounds last week...woohoo! Hope this walk helps me at weigh in this week!