Monday Made It {Board Display & Pom Poms}

Monday is one of my favorites days in the summer because of Tara's Monday Made It series!  It keeps me motivated to do something for my classroom each week!
The first thing I worked on is a new board display for our goals and homework.  My board display right now is backed with yellow paper, which doesn't match my colors at all.  Here is my new board display:
This is how it will look when I put it on the board.
My second Monday Made It is more pom poms/paper flowers to hang in my classroom.  Last year I made blue and green ones, but I felt like I needed more than what I had.  Since I am adding pink this year, this was a great time to make more.  I usually hang them in sets of two, so this will make 4 sets to hang!


Last year I created a tutorial to make these pom poms/paper flowers (whatever you want to call them!).  If you are interested in making these, you can click HERE to find that tutorial!  

10 comments

  1. Thanks for the flower tutorial. Do you hang them from the ceiling? We aren't allowed to. I'm trying to think of something else I can do with them.

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you could tie them on a string (fishing line?) and drape them across the top of a wall or the front of your desk in a sort of flower bunting!

      Lana, I love your board display. The two columns are a perfect way to keep things simple and I can't believe I haven't thought of it myself! Definitely stealing that idea :)

      Jenny
      Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

      Delete
  2. I love the pom poms! I have some in the same colors hanging in my room!
    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pom poms are sooo cute. I like that they are an inexpensive way to decorate the room. I remember making these when I was a kid, but I may have to check out your tutorial to be reminded. ;)
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pom poms! Such a fun (and inexpensive) way to doll up a room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pom poms! I did some paper crafting for decorations for my room last year and loved how comfortable it made my room feel all year. I used butcher paper to create jungle trees for my "wild about learning" theme.

    Lauren
    The Sweetest Thing
    Follow me on Bloglovin'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pom poms as well. I tried to make these a while back but it was a giant FAIL! lol They turned out way to big, I think the paper I used was too large to start with.
    Maybe I'll try them again.

    Secondgradealicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!!! I'm probably going to take the lazy route and but some IF I can get away with it with Mr. Fire Marshal.....Love your bright, fun colors:) Thanks for linking up:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pom poms also make great truffola trees when added to the top of a grey pipe insulator striped with yellow duct tape. They are so colorful I bet they really brighten up your room!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love teachers passion for helping children. Lana, I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss our free family literacy program with you. Read Conmigo goal is, to help families to develop a life long of reading. To date, we have given away 620,000 free books. The new website is full of resources for parents and teachers. We truly want to make a difference in families. However, we need people like you to help spread the word about our program. Please contact at 205-803-8030 or robert.compton@ipacc.com
    http://readconmigo.org/home

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top