Pumpkin Place Value

Can you guys believe it is July 1st?  Eeekkk!  My summer is going by so very fast!  Time needs to S-L-O-W down!  This morning I am linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It!

While I was shopping at Dollar Tree last week {love that store}, I saw these cute pumpkin cutouts and knew I could do something cute with them.  

Monday Made It #1: Alphabet Matching Game

This is, of course, for my 3 year old.  He loves to play "school" and loves to practice letters, shapes, etc.  These will be great to match uppercase and lowercase letters, as well as practice putting the ABC's in order.
Monday Made It #2:  Pumpkin Place Value

Next year we are adopting a new Math textbook (enVision) and the first unit in 5th grade is place value.  I made these pumpkin place value questions for students to practice with.  The answers are on the back so that students can easily self check.


Last year in 4th grade, I put multiplication problems on foam shamrocks {also found at Dollar Tree} and my students LOVED solving them!  It was so cute to see how excited they were just because their Math was on something different.  Hopefully the excitement will continue with Pumpkin Place Value!

8 comments

  1. Those pumpkins are so cute! Your students are going to love them. And that cutie pie three year old will be delighted too!
    I'm with you on wanting to slow the clock down, Lana...

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pumpkins are precious. I am sure your son loves them. :) I can't use place value, but those are cute too. :) Have a great week.
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't funny how just changing up something simple, like math on a pumpkin or a shamrock just thrills students??? Gotta love being an elementary teacher!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea. Simple and effective! Love that! Your 5th graders are going to love it too. Did you laminate first, after, or not at all?

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute idea:) Thanks for sharing on here and instagram:) When you figure out how to slow down time PLEASE let me in on the secret!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it funny how fractions and decimals seem more exciting on pumpkins??!! Clever!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cut outs make everything more fun:). Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am curious to see what you will think of Envisions. My district adopted it a couple of years ago, and all we heard about is how great it is. While there are some great aspects to it, many teachers are not very happy with it. It just seems to go over lessons too quickly, not much practice or different approaches.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top