Bouncy Bands

Several months ago I was contacted by Scott from Bouncy Bands about reviewing his product. Bouncy Bands are a product created out of PVC pipes and bicycle inner tubes. They are placed on a student's desk and allow for movement from the student. It's a great product for children with ADHD, but it's made for any student. I can imagine how every student would want one on their desk! As we teachers know, movement is necessary for students with ADHD. Bouncy Bands provides them with the freedom to move without disrupting class. The Bouncy Band website has great photos and a F.A.Q. page that has a lot of good information on it. 
My mom (a PE teacher) actually took the Bouncy Bands to her school since I am currently staying at home after our recent move. After she tried them out, I asked her to email me with what she thought about them. Here are her exact words from the email:

"The bouncy bands work great. They are easy to tie on, no slipping, and would give the student just enough movement as needed and would not be distracting". 

She didn't have a desk in her gymnasium so she used a student chair and it worked out great! 

A class set of Bouncy Bands are affordable from the Bouncy Bands website. However, if you were on a limited budget, you could even make your own! Scott's website gives instructions on what materials you need and how to use them. I will definitely be giving them a try in my next classroom! 

3 comments

  1. Love how simple they are to make on your own- I think I'll definitely have to give them a try :)

    Thanks for sharing!!

    XO, Kelly Anne
    AppleSlices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have several students that could use this! I've always wondered how well they worked. Glad to hear that your mom had success with them. :)

    Take care,
    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to see how they worked in the classroom. I think it is a great idea! However, I also think it is important for the classroom teacher to provide some sort of movement activities for students periodically through out the day. I do think these could be used in addition to the breaks though for students who have a hard time concentrating without moving!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top