A fifth grade project at my school is a Christian hero biography/wax museum project. Each student:
- reads a Christian hero biography
- takes notes while reading
- types notes (must have sections are: family, language, compare/contrast, timeline with 10 events, events/travels, accomplishments, obstacles, and a Bible verse)
- displays notes on a trifold board
- writes and memorizes a two minute (give or take) script
As you can tell, it is a big project. It took a lot of time, but I am so proud of how it turned out. It was fun seeing the final product of their hard work.
We are wrapping up our Great Depression unit this coming week. I integrated a lot during this unit and the students have learned so much about this era. At the beginning of the unit, I created this little area to display books related to the Great Depression and to gain student interest.
I did a book talk about the chapter books shown below. We did a book raffle afterwards and EVERY single book was checked out! LOVE!
One of the resources we used during the unit was this USA Studies Weekly newspaper.
I love to read picture books and this book did not disappoint!
In Writing, we wrote about the Great Depression in our Family Message Journals. This student did SUCH a good job!