Second Look at my New Classroom

Last weekend, I showed you the first look of my new classroom. If you missed that post, you can click here to see it. Those pictures were of Day 1.

I felt like I made a lot of progress on Day 2. By Day 2, I had packed and brought almost all of my school supplies from home, minus two boxes. 


The first area I worked on is what will become my classroom library. I used pillowcase curtains and love the bright pop they bring. I also LOVE the beautiful green landscape outside of my room. I also unpacked my new rug from IKEA. I left stuff sitting on all 4 corners to help the corners fold down correctly. I will be adding at least one white bookshelf in this area.
My next goal was to unpack all of my teacher stuff. I have a huge bookshelf behind my desk that I LOVE. It's not finished at all - I really just placed things here and there on it. I have some organizing to do in this area, but I love the potential it has.
I found this cute cursive alphabet set inside the closet. It was already laminated and just needed to be cut out. I cut that out and replaced the older alphabet set that was displayed. I love this new one!

I felt like I made a LOT of progress on Day 2! My main goal was just to get all of my materials to school and unpack those. I got almost all - I had one more load to bring later.

Here are nice comparison pictures from Day 1 and Day 2!!
Day 1


Day 2
I have to brag on my four year old - he was with me during this entire time and did SO good. He happily played with blocks, read books, played with Superheroes, etc. 

3 comments

  1. Wow....you are making progress! I just love that window, Lana. The curtains and rug really do pop in that area. YAY...keep the tranformation pictures coming!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking good! I love the rug! And tell me more about the pillow case curtains! That sounds like something I can do!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Things are looking great! I wish I moved that fast!!!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top